Tuesday, August 11, 2015

Trends among YA novels (week #7 part 4)

I think I mentioned this before in my first week #7 post, but by looking at the teen imprint sites, LB Teen and Teens at Random, the trend I see or the trend I see forthcoming is a focus on Science Fiction and Fantasy genre-related books. I am honestly not surprised because as I said before, this whole post-apocalyptic/dystopia (Sci-Fi) craze among YA novels and readers has taken off since the Hunger Games was published. So most books that have anything to deal with after the end of the world or post end of the world societies, those books will be popular. As far as fantasy is concerned, it has always been a reoccurring trend among YA novels.

Also, the YA novels have been pretty dark these past few years, touching on heavy subjects which isn't a bad thing. Teens and Young Adults are exposed and experience a lot more and they are a group that is constantly investigated by older adults.

No comments:

Post a Comment